Your provision of information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with the information that we require or if you withdraw consent to our collection, use and/or sharing of your information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with services.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you from a variety of sources including information we collect from you, information gathered when you use our sites, applications or other services, and information that we collect about you from other sources.
Information We Collect Directly from You
- Contact information including name, email and postal address, and phone number
- Username and password
- Date of birth
- Photographs, videos or other content you may contribute or that we may capture in event video or photography that we carry out as part of services rendered to an event organizer and/or timer
- Social media account information
- Payment and billing information
- Other information that you provide as part of the Athlinks account registration process or when registering for an event powered by Athlinks, including information about other individuals you may be registering for an event
- Emergency contact information
- Communication preferences
- Physical activity, performance (data collected by a timing tag or other timing or tracking device), workout logs, or other health-related information
- Contact information for friends you refer to our sites or applications
- Information that you include in public forums, messages, comments, searches, queries or other activities while interacting with the sites, applications or services.
- Information you enter or record about yourself and your athletic endeavors
- If you allow it, we may collect geolocation information so that we can identify events near you or provided other location related services
If you are an event organizer and using Athlinks for registration services, we may gather other additional information from you:
- Financial account information and information needed for tax purposes
- Information about the event
- Information you provide to us about participants registered for your event
Information We Automatically Collect When You Interact with our Sites, Applications and Services
Athlinks collects information whenever you interact with us. This includes information such as:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses
- Device and browser type
- Internet service provider (ISP)
- Referring and exit pages
- Operating systems
- Email open and clickstream data
- Advertising ID or other similar identifier
Some of our sites or mobile applications may collect or ask you for your location, so that we are able to serve you with the relevant offers and content for your area and interests.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
In order to provide you with better service and a more personalized experience, we may obtain information from third-party sources including event organizers, timers and other commercial and publicly available sources including:
- Date of Birth or Age
- Event results that are publicly available or provided by event organizers or timers
- Information provided by or about you, as an event participant, to event organizers or timers that are then provided to us
- Information from your timing tag or chip if you participate in a timed event
- Photographs and video from events in which you have participated that use the Athlinks platform
- Demographic information
- Consumer and market research data
- Publicly available data including social media postings and user generated content
- Information received from affiliates, partners, service providers and other third parties
How Athlinks Uses Information
Athlinks uses the information that you and others provide us to:
- Present the sites, applications, services and surface custom content relevant to you
- Respond to your requests about our products and services and customer service issues
- Develop, deliver and improve our products and services and those of the event organizers and timers
- Provide notifications to you about your Athlinks membership, if applicable, and, based on your preferences, inform you about other Athlinks products and services or offerings from other companies that may be of interest to you
- Send confirmation messages, service-related notifications, and other relevant emails based on your preferences
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information including processing of payment and purchase fulfillment
- Send you push notifications or messages through our mobile applications
- Allow you to register for certain activities and events
- Facilitate event services including posting event results, photos and video
- Perform data analytics, research or for other internal purposes
- Allow you to participate in social engagement through our sites and applications
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Aggregate with other information about you and/or other users to better serve our customers
- Contact you regarding any job application you may have submitted
- Administer any promotion, sweepstakes, contest or giveaway if you choose to enter and provide us with your information
- In any other manner which we may describe when you provide the information
Information We Share
Event Organizers and Timers
- If you are registering for an event through our platform, we will share the information you provide to us as part of that registration process with the event organizer and/or timer of such event.
- If we provide athlete-related services at events that you participate in, we will share information we collect about you (such as event video and photography) with the event organizer and/or timer of such event as part of our services to them.
- If you use our sites, applications and services related to a specific event, we may give the event organizer and/or timer of such event access to the information you provide in your use of our site applications or services.
- We may collect information from you as part of a co-promotion or joint program with a strategic business partner and share that information with such a business partner. We will provide you with a choice at the point you provide such information.
Fundraising and Charities
- If you elect to participate in any fundraising or charitable donations we will share the information to that organization as necessary to complete the donation and as you elect to share.
Third Party Service Providers
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services on our behalf such as processing payments, fulfilling product or service orders, hosting data, sending out communications on our behalf, analyzing and/or combining data, or other business services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to us.
- We share your information with our parent company, Life Time Fitness, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates in order achieve any purposes set forth in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or permitted to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- We may share your information with third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
- When you otherwise consent to the disclosure to a third party.
Your Choices and Access to Information
Athlinks may send you messages about our services and events for which you have registered. Some of these messages are required, service and event-related messages such as transactional messages or required legal notices. Other messages are not required and you can control which optional messages you choose to receive by changing your communication preferences.
You may review, correct and update certain information about you, your profile, membership or your transactions and event entries on our sites. You may also submit a written request to us as described below to ask us whether we hold any of your personal information, what that information is, how it is being used, and to whom, if anyone, it has been disclosed by us. We will make reasonable efforts to assist you in such request. Requests may be subject to any fees the law permits us to charge. You may also submit a written request to ask us to correct errors or omissions in your personal information we have in our custody or control. We will either correct the information or make a note of such request in our records. Note that we may not be able to remove or change all personal information from archived data storage locations.
request: via email to email@example.com or via mail:
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
1795 Dogwood St.
Louisville, CO 80027.
Your California Privacy Rights
California civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at: Athlinks Corporate Office, 1795 Dogwood St., Suite 240, Louisville, CO 80027 Attn: CA Privacy.
We do not intend to collect personal information from persons under 13 years of age or as otherwise defined by local legal requirements. Parents may provide information about their children, even if under the age of 13, for the purposes of event registration on our site.
Online Behavioral Advertising, Cookies and Other Technology
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
You can log-in to Athlinks using a social network or other third-party account. If you choose this option, the social network or third party may allow Athlinks to receive information that you provide us permission to access form such social network or third party.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. When you enter personal information on our forms we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Transfer of Data
C/O Chief Privacy Officer
1795 Dogwood St. Suite 200